THAI DUCK RED CURRY
Always wanted to make your own Thai curry, but put off by the long list of ingredients to make the curry paste? Now you can recreate this Thai classic dish with My Pop Up Kitchen’s Red Curry Paste. It’s as easy as 1-2-3!
- 1-2 duck breasts, roasted or grilled and then sliced
- 2 tbsp cooking oil (coconut or vegetable oil)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small courgette, sliced into small wedges
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 140g/6oz tin of sliced bamboo shoots
- 1 or 2 peppers (red, green, orange or yellow)
- 100g/4oz fresh pineapple, cut into chunks (or a small tin of pineapple chunks, drained)
- 1 x 400g/14oz tin of coconut milk
- fish sauce to season
- 1/2 jar My Pop Up Kitchen Red Curry Paste
- 1. Heat a pan until hot and add the oil. Add the onion and fry for 1 minute. Add the bamboo shoots and curry paste and fry for a further minute, until the vegetables are coated with the paste.
- 2. Turn down the heat and add the coconut milk along with the pineapple and courgette. Simmer until soft, but don’t let the coconut milk boil or it might split.
- 3. Add the peppers and after 2 more minutes add the tomatoes and sliced duck. Simmer until all the ingredients are hot, season with fish sauce, serve and enjoy!
- 4. Ready to serve with jasmine rice.
Serves 2-3 people
MPUK Tip: Save even more time and buy pre-cooked duck breasts!